Friday, March 4, 2011

Animoto in my Classroom


Animoto is a website used to create videos.  You get to add your own videos, photos, and music, and Animoto takes care of the timing.  The website is very easy to use and produces great videos.  As a future educator, I think I will use Animoto is my classroom.  I have made two videos thus far using Animoto.  The first video is a video I would use to introduce myself to my students.  Check it out here! The second video I made on Animoto is to introduce students to the seven continents.  Also, it introduces the students to a small selection from Beethoven.  Check it out here!  I think Animoto is a great way to capture the attention of your students and introduce a lesson.  I could use Animoto to showcase my students artwork and projects as well.  Also, Animoto could be used by the students.  At the beginning of the year, students could use the tool to make a video about themselves and show it to the class.  Also, students could present research about almost any topic to the class in an interesting unique video.  After students make a video in Animoto, they will definitely have something they can be proud of.    I definitely plan on using it in my future classroom! One last piece of advice, Animoto is free to make a 30 second video and charges to make a full-length video.  Also, it helps to use PowerPoint to create slides with text and pictures then saving them as a JPG file to upload into Animoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment